August 18 – August 21 Auction
An interesting variety of antiques, collectables, and furniture from various estates! Starts Thur, Aug 18 at 6:00 P.M. – cascading soft close Sun, Aug 21 at 2:00 P.M.
Online Auction Rules
- There is a 3% Buyer’s Premium on all sales using a credit or debit card.
- There is a 0% buyer’s premium for cash or check payments if the balance is paid within 3 days of the closing of the auction.
- Shipping for all items will be calculated at the conclusion of the auction and charged accordingly to the buyers.
- All items will be sold “As Is” but each item will have information on the present condition – most items sold are ready for work and use.
- All our auctions feature a “soft close.” This means in the last 60 minutes of every auction any new bid will increase the auction timer for the item by 5 minutes. If no new bids are placed, the auction clock will run out, the auction will end, and the highest bidder wins the lot. The winning bidder will receive a notification email for the winning lots.
- All our auctions are “proxy auctions.” This means that you can place a maximum bid for a lot and the computer will automatically bid up to the amount on your behalf. If you are outbid, you can always go back to the lot and place a new higher bid, or you can always just bid in normal increments if you do not wish to use this feature. A notification email will automatically be sent if you are outbid on an item.
- Bid increments for every auction:
- $0 – $50 = $5
- $50 – $100 = $10
- $100 – $1000 = $25
- $1000 – $5000 = $50
- $5000 – $10,000 = $100
- $10,000 – $20,000 = $250
- $20,000+ = $500
Van Metre Iowa Realty and Auction Company was established in 1977 in State Center, Iowa. In 1978 Fred Van Metre moved to Marshalltown and opened the auction center. The Company has grown over the past 40 years into a Multi-million Dollar Real Estate Service and a Nationwide, Full-Service Auction Company! The Auction division conducts about 50 auctions per year. We specialize in Antiques, Tool & Business Auctions. We also hold local Estate & Household Auctions featuring coins & stamps, toys, pottery, glass, autos, trucks, specialty vehicles, farm equipment & Real Estate Auctions.